Can you get others engaged and active in supporting conservation? Are you keen to do your bit to protect New Zealand and encourage students and teachers to see the value of conservation and get involved?
We are looking for a committed and energetic person to provide input to the DOC/Project Janszoon education programme and help maintain and further develop school and student-group partnerships that promote conservation in Abel Tasman National Park.
You will be based in Motueka and work as part of a dynamic partnership in a role specifically focused on growing conservation awareness through working with students, teachers, iwi and other partners.
The successful applicant will:
• Occupy the Department’s lead role in the Project Janszoon education programme
• Work in close partnership with the Project Janszoon Education Coordinator
• Provide competent advice and support to managers, colleagues and partners
• Effectively implement and improve guidelines, tools and resources
• Support the programme and strategy to help connect and deepen schools’ and student groups’ connection with conservation
To be successful in this position, you will have;
• excellent relationship building skills and a proven ability to work with diverse stakeholders,
• strong ecology-related knowledge,
• good knowledge of education models and/or community outreach tools and practices,
• excellent communication skills and an ability to transfer knowledge and skill to others,
• the ability to identify and develop new opportunities and collaborate with others to deliver results for conservation.
This is an exciting position with development opportunities. The ability to work flexible hours at times will be required, including working outside of normal office hours.
Our objective is to significantly deepen the understanding and connection of students and teachers to conservation, and to provide opportunities for effective environmental education. If you think you have what it takes to do this role justice, then we would love to hear from you!
Application close date: 24-Sep-2018
|Position type:||Fixed Term|
|Attachments:||Applicant Information Sheet – Ranger, (Temporary), (0.5FTE), Operations Group, Motueka, Band C.pdf (PDF, 189KB)
Job SpecificationProject Description – Ranger, (Temporary), (0.5FTE), Operations Group, Motuka, Band C.pdf (PDF, 252KB)
This is fixed-term position for three (3) years, 0.5FTE/20 hours per week.
Please apply online. Applications must include a cover letter, CV and evidence of the required capabilities as per the project description.
For more information please contact Jim Livingstone, email@example.com, or telephone 027 202 9563, quoting vacancy 400/54T2.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday, 24 September 2018.
DOC is committed to a diverse workforce that represents the communities we serve, and to creating an inclusive workplace culture.